Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The volume of magazine advertising in the U.S. for the year declined by 7.8 percent.

The volume of magazine advertising in the United States, estimated to preyskurantnym prices in 2008 amounted to 23.65 billion dollars, said the report Publishers Information Bureau, details of which appear in the list MediaPost. This was 7.8 percentage points lower than the previous year.
Total for the year in various magazines ad was allotted more than 220 thousand pages. This was 11.7 percent lower than in 2007. In the fourth quarter of 2008 there were 60.8 thousand advertising pages. This was 17.1 percent lower than in the corresponding period of 2007. Revenues in the fourth quarter fell by 13.8 percent compared to 2007.
The drop in the volume of advertising was observed in 12 major magazines country. Most seriously affected were automotive, financial and pharmaceutical industry, was less advertising in the insurance and real estate.
For certain categories of goods, however, there has been growth in the volume of advertising. This applies to the advertising of soap, cleaning and polishing tools, discount department stores, as well as food, toiletries and cosmetics.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The content you have provided is pretty interesting and useful and I will surely take note of the point you have made in the blog.

Today I was browsing the Internet for information on some additional means of promoting my website apart from online promotion which I have been doing. I then came across Web Windows and found that this was the most ideal solution to complement my online marketing strategy. I bought my newspaper ad space here as it has got a readership of millions and what could be a better opportunity than this to get a national coverage at half the cost of the rate card.

I thought this information might be useful for anyone looking for solutions to get more traffic to their website at affordable rates.

Anonymous said...

The content you have provided is pretty interesting and useful and I will surely take note of the point you have made in the blog.

While I was browsing the Internet for ways to boost my website exposure, I read about how effective offline media is for getting additional exposure. Since online media advertising has become so competitive, I thought I will complement the online marketing efforts of my products with offline media advertising like newspaper and magazine advertising. This can be the best way to get a wider coverage for a website and draw additional traffic. I think it is a great marketing strategy to use both online and offline advertising to get more customers.

I thought this information might be useful for anyone looking for solutions to get me-ore traffic to their website.