Thursday, February 19, 2009

Two banks have filed suits to the RBC.

Alfa-Bank and Royal Bank of Scotland (a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Scotland in Russia) have filed suit to "RBC Information Systems", asking the court to recover the company's debt. That was reported by Interfax. "
Alfa-Bank requests to recover from RBC 41.8 million and interest at 25 thousand dollars. The debt arose from an urgent party transactions with securities and foreign exchange.
In turn, the "Royal Bank of Scotland will get through the Court of 5,17 million rubles due to the failure of RBC obligations under the loan agreement.
Recall that during the economic crisis RBC has been in a difficult financial situation due to the large number of debts. In early January, it was reported that RBC is negotiating to write off 80 per cent of the debt and making the remaining 20 per cent in the Eurobond issue, which can be exchanged for 30 percent of RBC. However, the company said that will be able to fully repay a debt of 235 million dollars in 2019.
Previously, it was reported that the holding of RBC in recent months conducted abbreviations, as well as reduced costs for some projects. In addition, Russian media wrote that the RBC is negotiating the sale of business.

No comments: